Thursday, December 27, 2007

December 21

I left Camp 15. It is still sunny out but cold with breeze from the south.
I have been skiing in one layer until now. Now skiing in parka & expedition gloves (-12) minus twelve with the wind. The team is doing well.


Between Merete & my skin set combo has been working well. The team will try to trim their skin, grip is not a problem, glide is key.

Tomorrow Dec 22nd our baring is direct to the South Pole. It should take us 3 weeks from now. We are almost halfway done according to schedule. In 3 days we celebrate Christmas, our thoughts are of home.

I want to dedicate this blog to Uncle Boleck who passed away early this year and my father in law Robert Lashley who passed Novemeber 11th, and to my friend Digby Millwright who passed this summer with whom I shared some good times in the Antarctica.

No comments: